Tuesday 10 June 2014

Condition Monitoring Pod Product Questions

Condition Monitoring Pod Product Questions

Will a magnet at the oil level be able to pick up ferrous wear particles?

What machine port hole diameters can be used with the CMP?

Can I use additional bushings (e.g., thread reducers) to size the CMP to my needs?

What if I need additional CMP parts?

Why would I need a Copper Corrosion Gauge?

How does the CMP detect varnish?

Is the oil in the CMP representative of the oil within the machine?

How often do I need to clean the sight glass bowl?

Can the CMP be used with a pressurized system?

Is the CMP compatible with synthetic lubricants such as polyalphaolefins (PAO) and phosphate esters?

Will the CMP leak if the oil sump is overfilled causing the sight glass to be completely filled with oil?

How far below the oil level should the tip of the pilot tube be located?

Can the CMP be exposed to direct sunlight?

Can the CMP be exposed to high pressure washing?

Can the CMP be exposed to common detergents and other chemicals mixed with water in high pressure washing?

Will the CMP sight glass melt if the oil gets very hot?

Can I install the CMP without lowering the oil level in my sump first?

How often should I inspect oil conditions through the CMP?

Won’t the threaded ports on the Sight Glass be potential contaminant entry points?

No comments:

Post a Comment