Thursday 24 January 2019

I have retired from the Board of Directors of NFCL as Chairman

Written by our beloved Shri KS RAJU SIR,
Dear All 

You would have by now heard that I have retired from the Board of Directors of NFCL as Chairman. And that Shri U S Jha, an Independent Director on the Board, has been elected as the Non Executive Chairman in my place. 

As you all are aware, for many years now Rahul, Managing Director, has been managing the affairs of the company along with the other senior management. And through the years the resultant performance of the company bears testimony to the excellent work done until 2013/2014 when the company grew top and bottom lines, expanded Urea Capacity, diversified into other related businesses of MI, Trading and Distribution, ITES, Industrial Services etc . When we were ready for a major expansion including Kakinada 3, NPK production in Oman, MI expansion etc.. we faced new challenges with the Gas Pipeline accident and consequent setback in the company's fortunes including the recent plant shutdown. 

Since the shut down one of the plants has restarted, the second will also come online soon and the company is in the process of getting its financial restructuring approved and I am confident it will put the company in a stable and sustainable trajectory into a new and glorious future. I can assure you that Rahul and all of us are putting in all necessary efforts to ensure this happens. 

Shri U S Jha served as the CMD of RCF and was the Chairman of FAI when I was the Co Chair the last time around, some ten years ago. My retirement will provide me time which I can put to very good use in furthering the interests of NFCL in policy and administrative matters with GOI. 

My current role as Chairman of FAI takes up quite a bit of my time. I believe that much more needs to be done at the policy level with the Government for the Industry in general and NFCL in particular. The challenges for the industry are many. I ,therefore, intend to put more quality time into this. 

The Board of Directors honored me with the title of Chairman Emeritus of NFCL. I will be always be available for NFCL, in any manner required of me. NFCL is and will always be close to my heart. As are all of you. 

With my warmest wishes 

K S Raju 


No comments:

Post a Comment