- Importance of INDUSTRIAL SAFETY
- 2. Industrial safety is primarily a management activity which is concerned with Reducing Controlling Eliminating hazards from the industries or industrial units. What is Industrial Safety? Industrial Safety Solutions
- 3. Industrial causes a great loss to both the Employer & Employee, that’s it is having importance Cost of compensation Cost of medical-aid Cost of training a new worker Cost of the lost time Cost of investigation Cost of supervision & inspections Cost to the Govt. in terms of factory inspectors, & public health services Significance of Industrial Safety Industrial Safety Solutions
- 4. Cost of spoilage of materials Cost of the damage of machinery Cost of cost of wages payable during injury Cost of loss of morale Cost of loss to the worker and his family Significance of Industrial Safety Industrial Safety Solutions
- 5. To prevent accidents in the plant by reducing the hazard to minimum. To eliminate accident caused work stoppage and lost production. To achieve lower workmen’s compensation, insurance rates and reduce all other direct and indirect costs of accidents. To prevent loss of life, permanent disability and the loss of income of worker by eliminating causes of accidents. To evaluate employee’s morale by promoting safe work place and good working condition To educate all members of the organization in continuous state of safety mindless and to make supervision competent and intensely safety minded. Objectives of Industrial Safety Industrial Safety Solutions
- 6. Two main ratios used to measure accidents are Accident Frequency Rate (AFC) Accident Severity Rate (ASC) AFC = No. of injuries * 10,00,000/ Total no. of man hours worked ASR = no. of man day lost * 10,00,000/Total no. of man hours worked Measurement & Records of Accidents Industrial Safety Solutions
- 7. Unsafe conditions The job itself Work schedules Psychological conditions Machinery & Equipment Unsafe Acts Miscellaneous Causes Causes of Industrial Accidents Industrial Safety Solutions
- 8. Safety Policy Safety Committee Safety Engineering Guarding of machinery Material handling equipment Safety devices Ergonomics Plan maintenance General house keeping Safety Education & Training Role of Government Measures to ensure Industrial Safety Industrial Safety Solutions
- 9. Engineering: i.e. safety at the design, equipment installation stage. Education: i.e. education of employees in safe practices. Enlistment: i.e. it concerns the attitude of the employees and management towards the programmed and its purpose. This necessary arose the interest of employees in accident prevention and safety consciousness. Encouragement: i.e. to enforce adherence to safe rules and practices. Four E's of Safety Industrial Safety Solutions
- 10. Safety audit – A safety audit subjects each area of a company’s activity to a systematic critical examination with the object of minimizing loss. Safety survey- A safety survey is a detailed examination in depth of a narrower field of activity. Safety inspection- A routine scheduled inspection of a unit or department, which may be carried out by someone ( may be a safety representative ) from within the unit, possibly accompanied by the safety advisor. The inspection would check maintenance standards, Safety Inspection Procedures Industrial Safety Solutions
- 11. Fencing of machinery Work on or near machinery in motion Employment of young persons on dangerous machines. Striking gear and devices for cutting off power Self-acting machines Casing of new machinery Prohibition of employment of women and children near cotton-openers Hoists and lifts Lifting machines, chains, ropes and lifting tackles Revolving machinery Pressure plant Safety instruments Industrial Safety Solutions
- 12. Floors, stairs and means of access Pits, sumps openings in floors, etc. Excessive weights Protection of eyes. Precautions against dangerous fumes, gases Precautions regarding the use of portable electric light. Explosive or inflammable dust, gas, etc. Precautions in case of fire Power to require specifications of defective parts or tests of stability Safety of buildings and machinery Maintenance of buildings Safety Officers Power to make rules to supplement this Chapter Safety instruments Industrial Safety Solutions
Saturday, 12 November 2016
Industrial safety is primarily a management activity which is concerned with Reducing Controlling Eliminating hazards from the industries or industrial units.
Benfield Foaming Issue Started by hazree , Dec 27 2011 03:29 AM benfield gas processing foam contaminant hydrocarbon gas ...
OBJECTIVE The motto of Fire Services asserts “ WE SERVE TO SAVE.” A translated idea of original motto in Sanskrit that is...
Production Performance of Oil & Natural Gas Sector for October, 2017 Crude Oil 1. Crude oil production during Octo...
Mock drill report What is mock drill? Mock drill is a rehearsal of the real emergency situation. The Mock drill is exercise to moni...