Sunday 27 May 2012

INTERNET SAFETY PLEDGE

LEVEL ONE

Internet Safety Pledge

  1. I will turn off my computer monitor right away and tell a trusted adult if anything makes me feel scared, uncomfortable, or confused.
  2. I will tell my parents or guardian if anyone online asks me my name, my address, my telephone number, or the name and location of my school.
  3. I will tell my parents or guardian if anyone online asks to meet me in person.
  4. I will not use rude or mean language on the Internet.

LEVEL TWO

Internet Safety Pledge

  1. I will talk with my parents or guardian so that we can set up rules for going online. The rules will include the time of day I may be online, the length of time I may be online, whom I may communicate with while online, and appropriate areas for me to visit while online. I will not break these rules or access other areas without their permission.
  2. I will tell a trusted adult if I come across anything that makes me feel scared, uncomfortable, or confused. I will not download anything from anyone without permission from my parents or guardian.
  3. I will never share personal information such as my address, my telephone number, my parents' or guardian's work address/telephone number, or the name and location of my school without my parents' or guardian's permission.
  4. I will never respond to any messages that are mean or in any way make me feel uncomfortable. If I do get a message like that, I will tell a trusted adult right away so that he or she can contact the online service. And I will not send those kinds of messages.
  5. I will never meet in person with anyone I have first "met" online without checking with my parents or guardian. If my parents or guardian agrees to the meeting, it will be in a public place and my parents or guardian must come along.

LEVEL THREE

Internet Safety Pledge

  1. I WILL TALK WITH MY PARENTS OR GUARDIAN ABOUT THEIR EXPECTATIONS AND GROUND RULES FOR GOING ONLINE I will talk with my parents or guardian so that we can set up rules for going online. The rules will include the time of day that I may be online, the length of time I may be online, whom I may communicate with while online, and appropriate areas for me to visit while online. I will not break these rules or access other areas without their permission.
    I will never download anything from anyone I don't know. In addition to offensive content, spam or junk e-mail may contain viruses that can damage my computer.
  2. I WILL KEEP MY IDENTITY PRIVATE I will never share personal information such as my full name, my mailing address, my telephone number, the name of my school, or any other information that could help someone determine my actual identity.
    I will also not reveal any personal information about my friends or family. I will never send a person my picture or anything else without first checking with my parents or guardian.
  3. I WILL NEVER RESPOND TO ANY ONLINE COMMUNICATION THAT MAKES ME FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE I will tell a trusted adult if I come across any information that makes me feel scared, uncomfortable, or confused.
    I will never respond to any messages that are rude or offensive in any way. I will show the message to a trusted adult right away so that he or she can decide if it’s necessary to contact the online service or other authorities.
  4. I WILL NEVER MEET IN PERSON WITH ANYONE I HAVE FIRST “MET” ONLINE WITHOUT DISCUSSING IT WITH MY PARENTS OR GUARDIAN Since the biggest danger to my safety is getting together with someone I have first “met” online, I won’t meet in person with anyone unless my parents or guardian agrees to the meeting, they will go with me to the meeting, and the meeting will be in a public place.
  5. I WILL RESPECT OTHER PEOPLE’S RIGHTS WHILE ONLINE
    The Internet is a large community; therefore, my behavior while on it affects others. I will always treat others the way I would like to be treated.
    I will respect copyright laws and check on sources. When writing reports I will make sure that the online sources of information are credible, and I will always cite my sources.
    Piracy is illegal and keeps authors, artists, and others from getting paid for their work. I will never download things such as pictures, games, music, or movies that have not been given to the public for free.
Icon

No comments:

Post a Comment